Monday, August 17, 2009

Facilitating Freedom for Effective Ministry

How can a growing awareness of our cultural context help us to be more effective and obedient in Christian ministry? This question guided our discussions all last week in the course that I had the privilege of teaching, entitled "Cultural Contexts of Ministry." Today I'm grading papers, so I can afford only a few moments to share my thoughts here. But I wanted to express my excitement and optimism for this new Wesleyan Seminary, especially in light of the quality of students that God has brought into this first cohort. All of them are engaged in ministry and eagerly desire to grow in every way possible. The diversity in the student body enhances every discussion.

For more information about this course, check out the following link.

http://wesleyanseminary.wordpress.com/2009/08/17/first-two-intensives-done/

In addition, be sure to follow the "Dean's Blog" (see this link in the sidebar to the right).

Your continuing prayers for the Seminary leaders and students will be greatly appreciated.

No comments: